Wednesday 29 February 2012

Do you like yourself?

We all need encouragement from time to time. I am thinking today perhaps you need to hear some, I feel this is my blog message to YOU today.

Do you like yourself?
Most people don't really like themselves, did you know that?.
Most people are striving for wholeness. Emotionally, mentally, spiritually and socially.
I want to tell you some truths today.

You are chosen by God.
He Loves YOU,
He created YOU, because you are a special beautiful treasured gift.

Even if you don't know God or have left him because you feel he has abandoned you, he still loves you. Nothing and I mean nothing can separate you from his love.
He is there waiting for YOU, arms open wide love pouring out.
OK so you have done some really bad things in your life, well so has everyone else, we are all the same tattered and torn, scattered and scorned, we are all human, sinners and imperfect.

But Jesus changed that for us, he died for us, he took on that sin for himself. All we have to do is come to him, tell him we are sorry that we want to become a new person, a person who is still hurting and bruised but a person who can only become whole and complete with the love and acceptance of our father. It seems too simple eh?

Perhaps like me you have not had a great example of what parental care and love have looked like in your life, perhaps like me you have had trouble trusting the love of those close to you.

Well friend I am living proof of the love of our heavenly Father. He has changed me he has covered my hurts, and my painful past. I am a new creation basking in the love of our God.  So not perfect but accepted and loved.

We cannot trust unless we believe we are loved. To grow in God and be changed, we must trust him. Often He will lead us in ways that we cannot understand, and during that time we must have a tight grip on His love for us.

Accept God's love for you, and make that love the basis for your love and acceptance of yourself. Receive his affirmation, and know that you are changing and becoming all he desires you to be. then start enjoying yourself, and where you are in your journey. You are loved!
I am praying for you my friend!

Bible verse for you today:

For I am persuaded beyond a doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...