Thursday 9 February 2012

Living off the land, yep, sure why not?

So today I have decided that I am going to become one of those people who live off their land. I know, me who buys chicken breast meat only because I can't stand the stringy things..we won't go there!
I bought some drumletts today as a start, because they were cheap!

But really how hard can it be? I know some of you have seen my city container garden in my old life.
Yes It was dry and withered, and very wild! But that was because I had 7 preschoolers helping...it was like a wedding party with confetti!
Tonight I got 3 books from the library and spent like seventy bucks on seeds!
Think of all the produce I could have bought??
But I am determined ..I am going to build a compost container instead of letting the deer get their morning jolt on coffee grounds I am going to use them for good...dirt! so no more chucking the compost on a heap in the back, I have plans for DH to build! I am sure he is going to so happy to spend quality time with me..perhaps for Valentine's day? I guess I need more of a plan then vegetables and compost..but hey one step at a time right? Hmm I hate bugs on my veggies......

Bible verse for today: From the NIV Bible
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food......Yipee! I pray he helps it grow too!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya, How are you doing? I love your blog and you won't believe how I found it. A good friend of mine sends an e-mail out with a note saying that we should check out your blog, as she knows you and she is so impressed with what you do. Well, I click on the link and there you are. Isn't that something? I didn't even know that you two know each other. In case you're wondering who it is, it's Rhian from Yarrow. I also wanted to let you know that I know exactly how you feel, being in a new place, new community, not knowing anybody yet and missing your friends. I came to Yarrow from a large city in Germany and felt totally lost. It took me a long time to make real friends but I finally found a cool group of women that I love. Rhian is one of them. If there is any advice I can give I would say put yourself out there. Go to community events, volunteer, talk to many people and everything will fall into place. My mistake was that I was hiding for too long waiting for people to come and find me. Silly, I know, but we do strange things, when we're far away from home. I wish you all the best and I will follow your blog. Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabine!
      How are you? How are the Cows!! I think of you often because you left your job (child care) to move into another career (your husbands dream job)
      How are things going? I am glad you have come across my blog, and happy to hear from you, and you are absolutely right, I need to get out into the community and put my self out there...I am going to play groups and doing my best to meet people. Actually, I just got back from a wonderful afternoon with a neighbor, and I really think she is a huge blessing, I quite like her and think we will become great friends! Thank you for sharing your story, I hope others take your example and comment it is fun to connect with people on this level. Please keep in touch, and let me know what's new with you!!Hugs!!

      Delete
  2. love the verse tie in with the seeds and planting. cute :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!!
      I am trying to make my blog time my Bible study time as well, a good way to stay on track! Thank you for joining,
      :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...