Monday 20 February 2012

thoughts for today........

Spring is in the air, and as I contemplate the snow drops and their white buds hanging delicately from the bright green foliage, I am also apt to consider my growth these past few weeks.

I am learning a lot about my self and who I am and who I am not.....the fact is quite interesting really, kind of like an out of body experience, a scientist examining specimens under a microscope. Deep I know.....

I have learned that I do love nature, I do love this land, and the prospect of growing things and tending to more than just my faith and family. I have discovered I am not an activist, I am more of a passivist, really, and I kinda like that.
I don't particularly want to get all excited about a cause.

 But then, really every one has their cause or their passion don't they?.
This is the substance of a persons life.

What is your passion? Is it saving the world,  fitness, your kids, spouse, reading, your faith.

I guess I must admit I do have a cause, and while it isn't saving the world, it is a cause just the same, but I would rather call it my life passion.
I would sum it up to be, living each day simply, but to its fullest trying to be the best I can be. Living a life that is pleasing to no one else other than my God, so that one day I will be able to come before my daddy and he can say well done, my faithful, daughter.

So I guess I am no different than everyone else. We are all the same really, striving for what we feel is important in this world. I like that quote that says, what you spend most of your time doing is what you value most in your life...I think about that often.
I think about how I am sometimes just too busy cleaning to fully look at what my children are trying to show me, I think about all those lost opportunity's with my spouse, because I am just too tired, too grumpy or just too something...

It is no wonder that so many people have "their cause" Without it we could become shallow, and life may start to feel meaningless and mundane. So my friends fill your boots,
 fill someones life, fill your heart full of what you find important in this life and live it to the fullest, because you only have one life to live, one today and one yesterday, don't live with regrets, live with joy, peace and love~

Bible verse for today~ For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give -- large or small -- will be used to measure what is given back to you." (TLB, Luke 6:38)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...