Wednesday 15 February 2012

Yummy GF nutty pumpkin treats

Gluten free has never tasted so good....I just whipped up a batch of these little melt in your mouth treats, and boy am I telling you they are something delicious!!

Here is the recipe
A moist and flavorful blend of pumpkin, spices, raisins, and nuts, these are easy to make, and keep and travel well. This recipe can easily be doubled.

1/2 c margarine
1 c brown sugar
1 c cooked pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 c rice flour
1 c soy flour (I found this at Super Store in the health foods section. The packaging says- Purely Bulk Soya Protein Powder)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ginger
1 c raisins
1/2 c pecans

preheat oven to 350 deg. F
Beat together butter and sugar. add pumpkin and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
add all other ingredients except raisins and nuts, blend well then add nuts and raisins.
drop by teaspoons (I use pampered Chefs cookie dropper med size) onto greased cookie sheet. (I used a non stick and didn't grease) bake 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. makes 4 1/2 dozen..no it doesn't....I like my cookies med sized LOL!! 

Taken from the Gluten-free Gourmet cook book




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...