Tuesday 14 February 2012

My Valentine is 11 years old!

I have the very sweetest boy in the whole world.

He is 11 years old, and he is my favorite Valentine today!

Last night son #1 asked me probing questions about cooking, this spiked my interest, as I don't usually hear son #1 talk that much about one subject, he is 11 remember. The yes, no, maybe stage has been firmly in place for quite some time now!
I tuck him in bed last night, say a prayer, and later...much, much later get to bed. At 2am I hear banging around, and since it is just me and the kids that particular night I get up to investigate....too loud to be a burglar, too big to be a small animal, so I grab the closest thing to me a slipper.....tippy toe down the hall and sneak by the creak in the floor. I slither down the stairway sticking tight to the wall, and jump out at the bottom, slipper firmly held high..Who do I spy but my dear p.J. clad son cutting up onions.
I recover quickly from my shock and say .."Um Son it is 2 am in the morning whatcha doing?" He say with a sly little smile "nothing" I say "well perhaps you should skidattle back to bed since it is still very early" He says "ya I kinda thought my alarm was not working right but I didn't want to sleep in"

Off to bed dear child goes. I fall back asleep, then DD #1's alarm goes off at 5 am.....ugh, I am loving the thought but my late night is quickly catching up to me and I mumble "DD you can sleep with me for another hour OK?" She hops in...I am hoping no more alarms go off, and that child #3 has nothing up her 4 year old sleeve.
I get up at 6 am and hear a clatter downstairs once more, knowing what and who is down there I shower and ready for my day.
I emerge from the shower to find a tray laden with omelet, tea, an orange and silverware at my door. My heart melts in a way that can only be described as utter and complete love.
My children are such a blessing, and on this Valentines day I am truly in love with each and every one of my sweet children! Thank you lord for this very special day, my heart is full.

Psalm 113:9 He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD!  This was me 12 years ago...look at my life now, I am thankful for these three miracles in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading A.R.
    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Have you moved into your new home yet?
    Again thinking of you and praying for you and the little ones!
    Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is a old friend i think that it is nice that son 1 is interested in cooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps im the rhy....s frank

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...