Monday 28 May 2012

To the emergency room we go, better late than never?


Kids, you have to love them, but man do they ever drive you crazy!

After this weekend I think I am in the running for bad mom of the year award....Ugh how does that happen when I try so very hard?

Dear son #1 please know that I am putting funds away for your education, but you may also use this money for therapy!

Dear son #1 who is the most thoughtful, kind, sweet and loving boy I have ever met fell off his bike this weekend.
I felt so bad for him, I mean you never want to see people hurting especially your own child. It makes you do just about anything to make it better for them.....

This particular child of mine should enroll in drama classes. He certainly has the flair for theatrics!

Granted he had a very bad experience when he was 5 with a terrible case of appendicitis, this has made the poor gipper terrified of doctors, needles, dentists, blood, ....pain.......
Not a great combination let me tell you.

So I ask the strapping 12 year old if he would like me to take him to the walk in clinic to get it cleaned out and looked at. The answer lets say was ..a resounding...NO..
The weekend progresses, the redness set in.

At church that Sunday we get expert opinions from a wonderful doctor and nurse, that indeed we should pop by the emerge and get it checked out.

So off we go.
The little man was holding up quite nicely during our 2 hour tour, that is before any one touched him.

 I however didn't fare so well when the doctor asks me why I didn't bring him in right away for stitches and x rays. Hmm how to answer that one!
 I managed to mumbled something about it not looking too bad, at the time. Blah I felt like mud.

The doctor couldn't stitch it up as it had been too long, but had to open it up again and clean it out thoroughly and son #1 will have to take antibiotics for a week, thankfully it was not broken!

Poor guy, I felt just terrible for him, he kicked up quite a fuss, it is amazing what true fear can do to a person. Any way it is all done and next time I will just have to drag him in screaming and kicking......

After that experience we all needed to go to the ocean to relax with a picnic. It was a nice end to a stressful weekend. I am so glad it is Monday.....

1 Chronicles 28:20
David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.

Dear son, please, please memorize this verse! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...