Friday 20 April 2012

quiet please!

 
Well this week has been a real busy one.
Today was my Dear daughter's 10th birthday party. This year she only invited her two friends, ahhh it was so nice to have such sweet, polite girls over, I am so glad she has made such nice friends!

Tomorrow we are having company as well, we have to fit all our visiting in before the next rush of work comes and we are run off our feet!

I think I am settling into my new role as the farm wife. Hahahaha who on this green earth would ever think I would say that! So funny!

I still find my self quite lonely and miss my home town friends, but am getting comfortable with the peace and quiet of country life.

That is unless the demented woodpecker is around. Every morning at precisely 6 am he drills his stumpy little beak into the metal plant holder by our bedroom. Who needs an alarm clock?

I told dear husband that I was going to get out the pellet gun and go hunting woodpeckers but he has this maddening soft spot for the red headed feather brain, and gave me the look as to say you horrible heartless woman (that's a role reversal)
Hillbilly heck, that is what I get for marring a morning person.

So when you see me next and I am carrying the bags from under my eyes you will know why.
Have a splendid day!

 Bible verse for today~
Luke 2 :24 And to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the Law of the Lord, “a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.”

Can we add a woodpecker?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...