Tuesday 15 January 2019

Book Review: The Cost of Betrayal

From the Back

FAITH WILL BE TESTED. TRUST SHATTERED.
THREE BESTSELLING ROMANTIC SUSPENSE WRITERS REUNITE
FOR NOVELLAS OF DEADLY BETRAYAL.

Dee Henderson - "Betrayed"After serving six years of a twenty-year sentence for a murder she didn't commit, Janelle Roberts is finally freed. But the truth is still waiting to be discovered, and a murderer is still at large. Janelle needs to be somewhere safe with someone she can trust. She may not survive another act of treachery.

Dani Pettrey - "Deadly Isle"Tennyson Kent is trapped on the isolated island of her childhood by a storm surge, and she is shocked when the typically idyllic community turns into the hunting grounds of a murderer. Cut off from any help from the mainland, will she and first love Callen Frost be able to identify and stop a killer before they become the next victims?

Lynette Eason - "Code of Ethics"When Detective Isaac Martinez lands in the ER with a gunshot wound, he pulls through thanks to trauma surgeon Ruthie St. John. But as the witness to a crime and possible corruption, Martinez is at risk from someone intent on silencing him--and those around him--forever. When he barely survives another attack while recovering, both he and Ruthie must flee, trying to outrun deadly killers while locating the evidence they need to end the danger.

My Reflections:
Why oh why do I love to read at night? These thrillers will certainly give you goosebumps, You will find you can't put the book down, causing you to lose sleep, ignore loved ones and generally fall into the book without surfacing until it is finished.
Dee Henderson - "Betrayed" 
I loved this short little novella, it was fast and I was thoroughly enjoying the story..then it ended, pretty abruptly. I felt it could have wrapped up better, I had so many unanswered questions. I'm sure there will be a sequel to this novel in the future, but I did feel really let down when it ended. Another aspect about this book that I thought was a little strange was the way Janelle is treated when she is released. It seemed way too good to be true. Free this and that, so many choices, so I didn't deem this to be true to life. 
Friends I have experience when it comes to counselling, This is not how it generally goes. Perhaps they do this in other countries though to people who are imprisoned unjustly. This besides that point I absolutely can't wait to know what happens next in this story, I am hoping Dee Henderson has a sequel to this story, stat!

Dani Pettrey - "Deadly Isle"
While this one is a tad gory and scary I did really enjoy it.
If you know me I can't do scary, it's just too scary! I loved this short story, read it in record time (it was short) I was completely shocked at the twists and turns in the plot. I really had no idea who was behind the murder and stocking of Tennyson. I would have loved to visit this sweet little town, even though it turns sinister for the duration of the novel, after all the bad guys get taken care of I'm sure it will return to Idealistic! I also enjoyed the somewhat quick romance that flared back up between Tennyson and Callen, they didn't wast any time, but I guess that's what happens when you are the hunted!

You won't want to miss this fast-paced novel, can't wait for the full-length novel that (hopefully) follows!

Lynette Eason - "Code of Ethics"
I have read most of Lynette Eason's novels in the series this one is a spin-off from. Loved them and equally loved this one as well. The medical and justice system make the best basis for bestseller novels. This one was so fun. I was reacquainted with all the characters I fell in love with from previous books, once again I can't wait to read the full-length novel... Oh, these tiny books are such a tease to my story-loving imagination! 

Ruthie is sure one special Doctor, I don't know many who would put their lives and careers in danger for a patient they don't even know! But she certainly comes from upstanding blood. Her whole family are in the Justice system, mostly police officers. She comes by protecting others naturally and is mighty good at it too. Will she be able to keep her patient safe or is she going to end up taking a bullet for him? 

You can't go wrong with these three novellas, I found them all to be the perfect blend of suspense and drama. The romance was a nice added bonus too. Looking forward to more from all of these authours, Please hurry though I can't stand too much suspense!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...