Friday 22 June 2012

I am so NOT a farmer girl!

Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks
These were the healthy ones :-) See cute right?
We were blessed with driving around some darn cute chicks this Thursday, I mean the fluffy chirpy ones, not the girly ones. They are girls..ah never mind!

They were even black. We have started to sell  heritage breeds, which has created some major stress in our house, expanding your product always comes with some growing pains.

Of course I fell in love with them, Did I mention fluffy, chirpy and cute?
Yep I wanted them,... only one problem they were all spoken for, and then some.

So when Dear husband did some culling of the weaker chicks I hurriedly stashed them into a wee box into the front of the vehicle...it's not stealing if you bought it right?

So after my busy day of deliveries I gingerly took out my hidden box of  rejects, oh they were so cute and fluffy, I was feeling pretty sure that I could nurse them back to health, I mean their legs would get stronger, right?. Picture chicks laying flat like a pancake...ugh..

What was I thinking?

Those poor little chicks lasted about half a day until, I feeling dreadful for having made them suffer had to do the deed of putting them out of their misery.

Oh how I felt like sludge, Little one was so attached to them and I was unaware she was watching me and my feeble attempts to kill her "friends"

This has made me realize I am so not a Farmer,
I felt the full effects of killing sweet little critters. And I am so not good at it.
My heart felt so sad!
The look my child gave me when I returned was even worse Ugh! We both had a good little cry..

So now I have promised her that we will raise some healthy happy little "black" chickies.
I sure hope I don't have to do that again! I know my farm friends are calling me some wimpy names right about now..R.K. Stop the eye rolling...I mean it!

This made me think about how our sins stain us, and with out the forgiveness of our Savior we just could not live with the things we have done.

The choices we make don't have to define us.
We are forgiven, we are free.

Do you feel free?
Do you feel released from your fears, your childhood,  the disappointments and losses of your life?
Or are you living half the life you could be, stuck in the bondage of your past?

I challenge you today right now, give it up to God. What do you have to loose?
 See what Your God can do for you, the freedom, it is yours for the asking.

Can I pray for you today?

Dear Father,
you know right where we are, you know our deepest secrets, the person we are when no one is looking.

Lord I ask you right now to come into our life to come and cleanse us from any hurts, disappointments and losses we are holding onto.
Show us the person YOU see. The person who you delight in.
Lord please forgive us for our hard hearts, our unkind words or disregard for your still small voice.

I ask you to come into our life and show us where we can change, show us your beautiful, loving, sweet spirit, guide us and lift us up to where we are meant to be.

Show us the love you have for us and lead us in the path you have set out.
Lord I love you, and I thank you in advance for the wonderful things you are going to reveal to us.
Let me be your hands and feet, I am here willingly ready to serve you in any way I can.
Amen.

Friends I pray you live in freedom, I love you and I will pray for you daily!

"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32

“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36

And some more..

1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."

Titus 2:14, "Who gave Himself for us to redeem us from EVERY lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."

Psalms 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."

Hugs!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...