Saturday 19 March 2016

Book Review: A Dolphin Wish


From the Back:

Join twins Mia and Maddie and their sidekick little sister, LuLu, as they embark on adventure and a little bit of mystery solving while visiting Watery World in sunny California.

My Reflections:

When I saw this book to review I know instantly that it would be the perfect fit for my 8 year old girl who takes after her momma and loves to read. 

This is the second book in the Glimmer Girls series, and although we have not read the first book "London Art Chase" this second book provides enough detail and background information to be a stand alone read.

This family is quite unique the mother, Gloria Glimmer is a famous Christian singer who performs all over the country to eager audiences. The children Maddie, Mia and Lulu are such fun and outrageously "normal" characters that you are instantly drawn to their crazy antics and fun personalities. 

The story has the perfect blend of mystery, adventure and family values. The latter characteristic was the selling point for me. As the age range for this novel is ages 8-12 these are the impressionable years, hence I want my children to be reading nourishing material not junk and fluff. 

I was happy to see that this novel did show christian morals in it, it also reinforced prayer and looking to God for our daily needs. I quite liked that the book touched on issues such as the difference between a wish and a prayer also that breaking the rules is not Ok even when it seems like the right thing to do at the time. These are the tricky situations kids will experience in life,  I am over the moon to be able to give my children literary role models who display our family values. 

All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this book to families with children 8-12. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...