Sunday 23 February 2014

Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Gluten free goodness

Simply the best, you wouldn't know they are gluten free. I have been tweaking my friends recipes again. She is simply the best cook around, no surprise that she works at a well known care home in Abbotsford. So thanks goes to Raelene K for the base of this delicious cookie recipe, us gluten free folks can now savor! Gluten free has never tasted so good...

OK so disclaimer, the flour substitute has a few ingredients but it is well worth the end result. I usually buy my Rice, Tapioca, and potato flours at the health food stores in large quantities, it is cheaper that way. But if you are looking for small sizes you can easily find them at Superstore. The Bob's Red Mill are your best bet for little packages.

Without further ado here we go...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 3/4 Cups butter (because butter makes everything better) You can use margarine though..
1 3/4 Cups white sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream together

3 cups of flour  

OR to make it gluten free
~2 cups Rice flour
~2/3 Cups Potato starch or flour
~1/3 Cups Tapioca Starch
~1 1/2 tsp Xantham gum

2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 Cups oatmeal (Gluten free~ I use Only Oats pure whole grain rolled oats)
1 1/2 Cups flaked coconut
2 cups chocolate chips

Blend everything together until well mixed, I used my kitchen Aid. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes till golden. For chewy cookies, do not over bake and use old fashion large flake oatmeal.

This makes a whole lotta yummy goodness. I froze most of them and bring them out a few at a time.
Enjoy~

2 comments:

  1. Would a gf flour mix like Cloud 9 work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paper Tape & Pins, thank you for visiting. I prefer to mix up my own substitution because I find these "prepared" flours to be dry and have a different flavor, that takes away from the end result. In a pinch you could try it, but the outcome would not yield the same tastiness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...