Sunday 25 February 2018

Book Review: COLDWATER

From the Back:

The vigilantes behind him are nothing compared to the enemy within.
Having forfeited his youth to the state prison system, Michael moved back to the still vacant house of his parents in a town with one stoplight. A town that hated him. Had always hated him. And was ready to pick up where the prison system had left off.

Now he's on the run from men who've tried to kill him once; but Michael is more than an ex-con. A powerful, sinister force skulks within him, threatening and destructive. What--and who--it will destroy next is the only real question.

From the bold voice that brought readers down Purgatory Road comes a new pulse-pounding, spine-rattling tale of vengeance and justice.
My Reflections:
One word.. chilling!
I have a confession to make when I was young I read my mom's books which were always thrillers laced with ample suspense. These books terrified me! I was a youth who didn't know any better. Now I am sure to keep my reading material clean and uplifting. However, I find my self still reaching out for those scary books from time to time. No more Stephan King or Dean Koontz for me, but Samuel Parker's newest release "Cold Water" Sure brought back those scary nights of reading! 
I don't think I prepared for this book quite enough, having just finished a lovely safe Biblical fiction type read I didn't leave enough buffer for jumping headlong into this dark novel of good vs evil. 
I can't say I loved this book. The depth of demonic presence, the intense, gritty pace, it just left me anxious and breathless. That being said It does spur readers to keep flipping the pages to see what nefarious events Michael Sullian will endure next. 
Michael is no stranger evil, having committed a heinous crime when he was a mear child left him scared and deeply troubled. 20 years served is not enough for some, now released he is fighting more than the darkness to live again. Will he be granted a second chance? Is it even possible to dig his way to the light and a new beginning?

While the tale is dark and nightmarish, the writing is cogent and precise, it certainly leaves its mark! Characters are also so gripping you may just have to throw the book across the room.
If you are in the mood for quite a ride, pick this one up, it's spine-tingling pace will undoubtedly keep you up all night while you devour the entirety!

This book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...