Saturday 5 January 2019

Crazy Defined

Do you ever think wow my life is crazy, I mean really crazy...The certifiable type crazy that makes you rethink your whole direction?

That's been my reality lately.

We had a house fire, business restructuring, computers dying, vehicles trying to sputter to their deaths in the middle of chick deliveries, wind storms that blew out power.

Did I mention we had a house fire? Yep craziness full on.



All this cray cray has taught me a thing or two, Okay perhaps more than that.

1. Don't leave ANYTHING beside your wood burning stove, even if it is WETT inspected to be safe.

2. Life is really how you handle the stress.

3. Your true friends will come through for you. They will listen to your annoying whiny voice, they will prepare you a meal, they will paint alongside you, smelling brain cell killing fumes for hours on end they will wipe soot off your walls, they will dedicate large amounts of time to helping you stay sane and focused. Those are my friends, I am so incredibly blessed. Blessed beyond measure!

4. One thing at a time is the way to tackle big projects. I am a little ADD, (can you be a little, not a lot?) oh wait I'm off subject. I just self-diagnosed, is that a thing?
Right anyhow, one thing at a time. Paint one room not three at a time. That could include trim and a door and the walls all at the same time, right?

5. God brings the right people into our lives at the right time.

6. I would not trade my family for anything. They are my favourite people to be with. Loving, kind, happy, helpful, funny, smart, witty and all around God loving country folk. These people, they define family for me. I am Blessed beyond measure.


So what have I gleaned from all this insanity?


It's not the things you own, the amount in the bank, who you know, what you do. (I mean really people I cart chickens around for a living, not glamorous)

All these things the world tells you will make you happy, it's a lie.
A big fat merry-go-round lie.
Don't chase the world's lies friends.

Chase reality. Yours.

Look at the people in front of you. Pray continuously, have sitdown dinners, laugh often, hug much. It's the people we share life with, how we serve, the stories we make together that's what matters.


Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...