Sunday 12 August 2012

all work and no play makes a very dull country girl!


what am I doing?
No really what the heck am I doing?
Here I am making a go of this country jig and what do you suppose I do I buy more chairs...they were on sale, and ahem, you know me I just can't pass up a sale. Never mind that I NEVER sit down and relax unless it is to peck out a wee blog post. Or read at midnight, while every other sane person is sleeping.

So silly me, Super Store has a huge sale and you know what I do I buy like 4 lounge chairs, they were $25 bucks down from $100. Then I buy cushions to match because they too were on sale. I think I have a problem.
Yep you guessed it I need company to use these chairs because I will never use them, too much to do.

Hmhmm I sat my sorry self down when I got home and wrote up a to-do list for my self because the guilt of buying something I will not use was just a little too much.
Here is my list, I know so exciting Haha....

1) fix door knob, we currently have not had one since April.
2) paint fence
3) fix toilet
 I had no idea how to fix this so I wrapped the hose thingy with a towel, bad idea leaked onto ceiling, now....
4) fix ceiling, paint it...
5) put together 4 new chairs (why do they have to make instructions so hard to read!)
6) fix new lawn mower (too many rocks ops)
7) fix my short temper, oh wrong list sorry!
7) install under ground dog fence. ugh.
8) teach chickens to feed them selves, and forge for their own food, come on chickens it's the country!
9) kill grass in garden so that I can work on a winter garden, now that I have ducks to eat slugs.
10) Hull all the sawdust to the chicken coop, clean out coop, and poop.

So there you have it friends my to do list.
Wish it was a honey - do list, but nope it is up to me to fix all this stuff.
Some times I look at my self and see my mom Ahhhhh enough to make a girl go running to her bed and never come out!
But even though she didn't know how to care for us well she tried, and did the best she knew how to do with the skills she had.
This takes the pressure off a little because look I survived.
So what if the toilet leaks, or we don't have a door knob. Life goes on and memories are made in the little things any way, trips to the river, suppers together, working as the "Brown Family Team" to get things done. Simple so very simple.

All those details, is your to do list preventing you from sitting down and really looking at your children, and listening to what they say?
If I were honest with you, which you can clearly see I am LOL, you would see that I am so bent on getting my to do list done that my life is passing me by.

What are my children going to remember of me? That I was too busy?
That my head was under the toilet trying to fix the leak instead of hearing about scar face the chicken with the cross beak who finally got that worm? (true story)

So perhaps I need to relax, just a little, look my wee ones in the eyes and give them a monster hug and tell them just how much I love them.
Then we can all work together to put the chairs together and sit on them.
Second thought that might make me have to go and look at #7 on the "other list" and then I will not have accomplished much.
Midnight sounds like a fine time to assemble useless chairs, don'tcha think? 
Did I mention I got another Duck today? It was free.........

1 Corinthians 12:17-20 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be?  If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?  But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.  If they were all one part, where would the body be?  As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 

I thought this was kinda like a family, don't you think? we all have different gifts and talents in a family which make it work as a team, hence my nick name for us "The Brown Family Team"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...