Wednesday 17 July 2019

Book Review: Exhale

From The Back:

Move from running-on-empty to spent-and-content.
Exhale is for the woman suffocating under the pressure of being all things to all people; of filling every unfilled spot at church, work, and home; of trying to do it all right, make decisions that benefit everyone else, and keep everyone happy.

Rather than adding more to your to-do list, Amy Carroll and Cheri Gregory show you how to
· lose the ill-fitting roles you've been trying to fill so that you can be lighter and freer,
· love your truest, God-created self with all your glorious gifts instead of trying to shove yourself into a mold, and
· live your one and only life in a way that you know truly matters.
This isn't a time-management book filled with how-to lists and calendar tools. Instead, it walks you through a process that releases you from the things that have created unbearable pressure. Then you'll be able to live the combination we all long for: fulfilling the desires of your heart, loving your people well, and bringing glory to God.

Live the life you were created for.
My Reflections:
This book is exactly what I was searching for and I found the common sense approach spoke to my practical, analytical side. Getting rid of the "things" that clutter my thinking and seriously suck the life out of me was of the utmost importance in my life right now. 

Authors Amy Carroll and Cheri Gregory have created a systematic approach to doing just this. The book is split into three parts: Loose Who You're Not, Love Who You Are and Live Your One Life Well. I liked the layout and found it easy to follow. One thing I will mention is the small font. I found it hard to read as the writing is faint and very tiny. That is the only thing that made me pause. 
I truly enjoyed the content, authors stories and the wisdom shared. Since these are some of the things I have been working on already I was able to dive into this book with new vigour and a sense of eagerness. 

If you are tired of trying to make your life fit into your neatly packed boxes or find those boxes you thought were so well organized just pewed its very contents all over the place, this book is for you. I love books who point us in the right direction, to the one who makes everything right again. Truly a book I will be keeping in my collection to reference again and again. 

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Amy Carroll is a speaker and writer for Proverbs 31 Ministries, the author of Breaking Up with Perfect, and a cohost for the podcast Grit 'n' Grace. Amy and her husband live in Holly Springs, North Carolina. Find out more at www.amycarroll.org.

Cheri Gregory is a frequent speaker and the coauthor, with Kathi Lipp, of You Don't Have to Try So Hard and Overwhelmed. She's also a contributor to the (in)courage Devotional Bible. She lives with her family on the central California coast. Learn more at www.cherigregory.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...