Saturday 15 August 2015

Book Review: Faithgirlz Bible


From The Back:

Bestselling NIV Faithgirlz! Bible with a fun, new magnetic closure binding.
This special binding of the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible offers a trendy and unique magnetic closure. Packed with exciting features that help tween girls better understand themselves and Scripture, the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible teaches girls that the Bible is real, relevant, and, best of all, that the story of God and his people is also their story. With in-text features written by tween expert Nancy Rue, the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible uses the bestselling New International Version (NIV).

My Reflections:

Faithgirlz Bible caught my eye right away with the attractive eye catching cover, perfect for the young lady in your life. This is a hardcover, sturdy NIV version with a handy magnetic flap to keep the pages secured. Absolutely love the look, feel and quality of this bible, some of my girls favorite colors as well, I am sure it will be a hit!

Some of the features this Bible includes are: 

Book Introductions- this is where you can get a synopsis of what the book will include. I love this feature as it is always great to get an idea of what will be included in the book you will read.

Dream Girl- this section lets your child imagine what it would be like to be in the story. It really helps our children to think about what they are reading and come up with questions they may have. I loved this section! It is pretty and eye catching as well.

Bring It On- A fun section where your child can take quizzes. Who wouldn't want to take a quiz? I mean think about it? This is the tool popular magazines draw our kids in with. I'm glad it is biblicaly based and not quizzes about the latest greatest trends in fashion that I often see these on the grocery store shelves.

Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) In you?- Another self check section where your kids can compare themselves to biblical people of the past, and the actions they took. Another great tool to keep your kids thinking and digging deeper within themselves.

Words to Live By- My favorite as a homeschooling mama! I want them to hide scripture in their hearts, and this section encourages them to memorize selected passages, Hoary! I am thinking of getting my daughter to create flash cards as she works her way through the Bible and using these to continually memorize these scripture passages.

What Happens Next?- I love how interactive Faithgirlz material is. In this section kids get the opportunity to gather information, make notes, and tell the story in their own words. What a great writing activity! I know everything is school related. Ah well it is perfect!

The last section is: Oh, I Get It- This is probably the most eye catching with the side notes. It is what caught my eye right off. Bordered with pretty pink ink, featuring the verse at the bottom, the font is fun and hip. These kinds of tools are awesome. This is a space to explore the answers to questions you have, and have always wondered about. 

This is such a fun and engaging way to present the Bible to our kids. The color, the hip font, the interactive sections really make this Bible stand out, I am sure kids 9-14 would be thrilled to have this Bible to facilitate their spiritual growth.

I highly recommend purchasing this bible for any young lady in your life be it your daughter, granddaughter, friend, sister or student in your youth group, this Bible is well worth the price.

This Bible was provided free of charge in return for my honest review from Book Look Bloggers. Thank you so much Book Look!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...