Sunday 1 April 2012

Not funny! I am soo not laughing!

So my April fools day started out harmless enough,
I didn't tell any one it was April Fools day! Haha! I thought it was clever.

For once I was on time leaving for church that is until I got into my car and turned the key...nothing.
I guess I take it for granted that when I turn the key it starts. I am like one of  Pavlov's rats ring the bell, and he would bring the food out. Turn the key and my van starts.
Well not today, seems that I left the chicken inverter on and it sucked all the life out of my battery. 


So being a country girl, I Think really hard and decide if I am to go anywhere I must fix zee problemo!
Back in Chilliwack I would call up AS or RK these women always knew what to do, handy is their first name. Here I know no one who I feel comfortable to cry HELP to.

So I open the hood peer in looking for the square box that holds the heartbeat to my van, hmm nope, don't see it. Look some more A the big kid of the bunch says mom it's right here, so I open up the top of the plastic thingy and see the computer stuff box, ugh!

After assessing the situation I decide we are not taking this beast anywhere. Here is where perspective and expectations come in and if you have been reading my blogs you know I have been thinking on these things a lot! 
So my new perspective and expectations toward my van have shifted now that it doesn't do what I want it to do! It in my eyes is a piece of junk! LOL..


So being the good loving, kind mom I am (did I mention I am kind) I instruct the two big ones to push the van while I steer, down our driveway out of the way so I can get the truck out. I didn't really think they would be able to move it but Jimminy crickets, they did! 

Now having the van out of the way, I was able to pack up all the kiddletts into the truck and leave the piece of van in the driveway. 
No problemo, fixed that, not really.. but I got to church.

After church went to get gas...both visa cards were declined, Oh, so not a happy moment, that has never happened to me before. And I really needed gas and groceries. I tried to find my happy place but only came up with smoke, bother!  Seems Visa is experiencing technical difficulties (I hope)


I arrive home to get lunch to a crowd of hungry monsters, (yes me).


I then head over to the neighbors house, and feel instantly much better, I love them so kind and welcoming people! They even came over to help fix my van. Did I mention I love them?


So a happy end to a crazy day!
Just look at these happy kids and dog, they even gave the kids a country ride home!


All is well that ends well....


Isaiah 41:13
I the Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear, I will help you"

3 comments:

  1. Not sure how to make this comment thing work-grr! See we all get frustrated by things we can't figure out. I need my smart blogging friend TB to show me!
    Anyways! You made me laugh! I can just picture you peaking under the hood, poking at thing like they might explode! Glad you made it to church and you brought your van back to life with help from a friend!
    XO A

    ReplyDelete
  2. A~ you know me so well, that was exactly what I was doing! Although I have come a long way I am a long way from your expertise!
    Hope to see you soon!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. must have not have been fun i know some your family and one of thems bigger than i remember

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...