Wednesday 28 October 2015

Book Review: Love Everlasting

Cover Art

From the back:

Growing up in a Seattle bridal finishing school never prepared Abrianna Cunningham to become one of the brides, but now Wade Ackerman, who has always been the reliable boy next door, is indicating he wants to be more than friends. And even the people closest to Abrianna believe Wade is the man she should marry. So why is she having such a hard time choosing between Wade Ackerman and Priam Welby?

Watching Welby's relentless pursuit of Abrianna is making Wade's blood boil. Welby can offer her wealth and security, but what about character and integrity? Surely Abrianna can see past Welby's smooth tongue and fine clothes. Can't she?

Caught between the devil and the boy next door, either choice she makes will change Abrianna's life forever.




My Reflections:


Tracy Peterson is known for her superb writing style, accurate historically correct content and her ability to make a novel light even with serious themes. Love Everlasting is no different. I have read all three books in this series and have been eager to find out what the fate of Abrianna Cunningham would be.

Love Everlasting has all the attributes that Peterson fans will have come to expect: suspense, mystery, humour and a cast of well defined characters.

I do have to admit the first chunk of this book moved slowly for me and I found myself slogging through Abrinna's ramblings on who she should marry, the choice was blatantly obvious, to me anyway! I am happy to report that after this slow stretch the book worked out the kinks I was experiencing and I found myself one again engaged and intrigued.

I have to say my least favorite character in this novel was Priam Welby, talk about a creepy man filled with nastiness! This man is behind some heinous deeds and I was eager to see this one dealt with efficiently.

Abrianna is an expert at getting into situations that are just plain exasperating, she has a lack of insight and often makes judgment errors because she acts without thinking things through first.

Her character is lovable and she was easily my favorite in this novel. Wade Ackerman comes in a fast second. He is Abrianna's best friend and possibly fiancee? Abrianna is in deep and has to make some tough decisions that will affect the rest of her life, and those around her. Will she be able to trust her heart or will her impulsive spirit lead her into a life of heartache?

Overall I found the last part of this book to be satisfying, it even had me laughing in a few places. While not my favorite Tracy Peterson novel I was glad to have read it and have my answers quenched.

I was given this book free of charge in return for my honest review from Graf-Martin Communications, thank you ever so much Graf-Martin!


THE AUTHOR

  1. Tracie Peterson
    ©Lissa Barber Photography

    Tracie Peterson

    Tracie Peterson is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than 100 novels. Tracie also teaches writing workshops at a variety of conferences on subjects such as inspirational romance and historical research. She and her family live in Montana. Learn...
    Continue reading about Tracie Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...