Thursday 4 September 2014

Movie Review: When the Game Stands Tall

When The Game Stands Tall 
 
 
This movie based on a true story, tells about a young coach Bob Ladouceur (Jim Caviezel) who launches a small high school football team to legendary status over a 138 game winning streak. This incredible feat tackled all American records in football history. The De La Salle High School Spartans were a team with heart, they played with intensity and passion, yet banded together to form a force that was unstoppable, until the unthinkable happens. This story shows the depth of the human spirit and how the bond of brotherhood can raise a generation to greatness.

Last night I had the opportunity to view this movie When The Game Stands Tall.
I must confess that I am not a sports nut, heck I don't even like to watch my kids play WII sports. 
 
I do however have to tell you that this movie is a must see for your next date night, or do what I did drive two hours with some great gal pals and have a girls night out. How ever you swing it, this is one of those rare movies that will have you crying, laughing, and rooting for the team..even if you have no clue about how the game is played.
 
This movie would be great entertainment for teens and parents to watch together as there is no swearing, or sexually explicit content. There are some potentially disturbing scenes hence the PG rating. Plugged in gave this movie a 4 out of 5 stars, and I concur. Great clean movie, I would love to see more directors follow this trend!

Thank you Graf-Martin Communications for sending me the two tickets, I enjoyed this movie immensely!
Directed by:Scott Marshall Smith
Thomas Carter
Produced by:Cathy Schulman
David Zelon
Screenwriter:Scott Marshall Smith
Cast:Jim Caviezel ... Coach Bob Ladouceur
Laura Dern ... Bev Ladouceur
Michael Chiklis ... Terry Eidson
Alexander Ludwig ... Chris Ryan
Gavin Casalegno ... Michael Ladouceur
Joe Massingill ... Beaser
LaJessie Smith ... Jamal
Studio/Distributor:TriStar Pictures
Production Companies:Mandalay Pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...