Friday 20 December 2013

Two of My Favorite Easy Gluten free Christmas Cookies

Christmas and baking go hand in hand in my world.

If you know me I am not in the Christmas spirit if I have not created Christmas delights. So having just arrived at feeling Christmas bliss, I decided to bless you with some dead easy recipes to make you feel like the super hero you are.

Here are two of my favorite Gluten free recipes that will earn you smiles from your gluten free kids and adults alike! They are so good Gluten eating people will not even know.

So let's not delay Christmas is less than a week away you know!

The easiest one for all of you "can't bake an edible thing" kind of people....Or the "what can I bake those freaky Gluten free people in my life?" folk, here you go three ingredients you CAN do it.

Peanut butter blossoms:

Ready..here we go!

2 cups peanut butter

2 cup sugar

2 eggs

Yep that easy, heck the kids can even manage that..

Mix it all together, drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet sprinkle with sugar for a sparkly effect, and when you take them out after about 6-8 minutes plop a Hershey's kiss on top. Oh.. so simple, so easy, so perfectly perfect!

Cookie #2

Ginger sparkle Cookie


This one is from my best cookie making friend Raelene K (but she never reads my blog, so she won't know)..I have turned her gluten recipe into a Gluten free dream, this cookie is soft moist and spicy good!

1 1/2 cups of shortening (I like butter)
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup of molasses
4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cloves
3 cups rice flour
2/3 C potato starch
2/3 C Tapioca starch
2 TSP Xantham gum

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, molasses and spices. Mix in flours, chill for 1 hr (or not) roll into balls. Roll into sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes. @ 350 degrees. Yields 6 dozen

Even gluten free can taste delicious!

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Enjoy my friends, and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. well, since my name is mentioned I guess I have to complain now!!!! What!!!! You messed with the best cookies ever!!!!! Ha Ha!!! Merry Christmas!!! Hope they work well for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...