Wednesday 6 March 2013

Gluten free Coconut Pizza Crust for Pizza Night




 Awana is tomorrow and the great Pizza night is fast approaching!
Two of my children are Gluten free, and LOVE pizza. What to do?

I have experimented with a variety of soggy gluten free pizza delicacies...ever try cauliflower pizza crust?..don't.
although my kidletts did love the German Pizza, more like a upside down shepherds pie if you ask me...I will post that another day though.

So I figured I would not be a good mom if I didn't at least TRY to create a tasty alternative.
I went fishing around in the pantry and what did I see? Coconut flour, and not much else to use as a substitute. Coconut flour it is! Here is the recipe I will use to create this gluten free delight!
Hope they enjoy it! Give it a try?

Coconut Flour Pizza Crust {perfect for pizza night}

Serving Size: 1-2 people

Ingredients

    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use the full fat type)
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon cream of buckwheat (or flax meal)
    1 tablespoon coconut flour
    1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Instructions

    Preheat oven to 425.
    Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
    Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and spread the cheese mixture on the paper as thinly as possible, using the back of a spoon or fork.
    Reduce heat to 400 and bake on the top rack for about 15 minutes, or until the crust is starting to look golden in places. Remove from the oven and add desired toppings.
    Bake for a few minutes, just to melt cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...