Monday 26 November 2012

Make-up madness


Now to just get the hair this "natural"

Had to share a wee story about shopping for "natural" make up.
So a woman from church told me about a very nice resort that sells natural make up. I have to tell you the city girl in me is missing putting on my face.
So you know me, I could not for the life of me remember the directions to the "resort"

So I wondered around down town, hehehe. So not a down town. It is a little shopping district on the old side of town. Very quaint and darling. I happened upon a little Chinese herbal store, it said natural cosmetics on the side, so I dashed in for a peek a boo. Dear daughter says" ugh it stinks in here", I reply "honey that's the "natural".

So over comes the chemist to help me and I tell him what I need, and the sweet man shows me several bottles, starts blending them together and rubs it on the back of his hand. It looks pretty good! I think he said something about grape seed oil as the base and some other "stuff" The grape seed oil is brown, but when mixed you can get pretty close to my natural color. Throw a little beet powder in and you get that rosy glow. hehe this dark man says oh, you are the same color as me! Love it!

So my dear friends it is worth a trip over just to see me, looking like I got a little too much sun, and beets on my cheeks!
I was thinking I could do this at home, grind up some grapes, rub on some beets, oh so, beautiful and oh so natural !!! :-)

I loved this little man, how often do you see a grown guy mixing up a concoction for a woman to slather all over her face in the name of vanity?
It was a good day....

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...